Eyeshadow can uplift your appearance
Eye makeup can drive your makeup game to next level. Things go horribly if you do things that you aren’t much sure of. Worry not! We have given you a foolproof guide to a flawless eye shadow makeup, let us dive right in!
Before we start talking about the eyeshadow, we should look at various products vital to get the flawless eye makeup.
Things You Need
- Eye primer
- Eye cream
- Eye makeup brushes
- An eyeliner
- A kohl pencil
- A mascara
Read More: A perfect guide to have a Smokey Eye Makeup
Types of Brushes
Different brushes will have different purposes. One would be handy for filling on the eyeshadow, one more brush for blending and the other brush for smoking out the lower lash line. Let us have a look at few.
Flat Stiff Brush
This brush is used for putting on eyeshadow on eyelids, as well as below the lower lash line. A flat brush is perfect for packing the shadow onto the eyelid. MAC 239 is the best product to go. This also works tremendously well when you wish to put on a glitter pigment as the stiff nature of the brush assists you in picking up the product simply.
This brush is used to rub on the product onto your lower lash line. This is perfect when you are smoking out your lower lash line, or to create a soft look. You can also make use of this brush at the crease to make a soft crease line. It goes out well at outer corners where you want to add certain intensity as well.
Stiff Dome Brush
The Stiff Dome Brush is flawless for smearing and blending out the colors. It is particularly useful when you are using more colors and wish to create a smooth changeover without eliminating the shade variances.
Fluffy Dome Brush
This brush is used for blending. It assists you to achieve that perfect eyeshadow change from one shade to other. It aids to diffuse some harsh lines and makes the changeover to look smooth.
How To Apply Eyeshadow Step-By-Step
Step 1: It’s all about that Base
Prepping out the eye area is very crucial as it’s all about that base. Just start by cleaning the part around the eyes. Trail it up with a good moisturizer or eye cream. Then, prep the eye region with a perfect eye primer so that the eye makeup stays for a longer time and provides a smooth finish. Make use of a concealer that suits the skin tone of your eyes. Put on the concealer with a brush and cover it with a transparent powder. This gives the eye area an even look, makes the skin crease-proof, and even conceals the discoloration of the skin around the eyes.
Read More: Most Famous Fashion Designers Of All Time
Step 2: Pick the Type of Eyeshadow
It’s time for the real eye makeup. You need to analyze the shape of your eyes and so decide on a makeup procedure that will boost them. The eye area comprises of the eyelid, the browbone, and the crease. It is also good to know that which texture or shade to use on. Use shades like shimmer or shine on the brow bone and eyelid, and matte finish touches on the crease.
Step 3: Dark Shades for the Crease
Here, we focus on the crease area. Make use of a darker eyeshadow to describe the eye shape. To accomplish this, go for dark shades like deep brown, black, dark purple, deep gray, etc. Just start putting from the outer corner of the eye, creating a ‘V’, and merge it halfway over the eyelid with a furry blending brush. Do this by using the windshield wiper motion. Keep blending till the color starts to look smoother. To highlight the brow bone, select a lighter shade in either shimmer or frost textures.
Step 4: Rim The Eyes With Kohl
In order to make the eye makeup more vivid, make use of a kohl pencil on lower lash line. Smudge it well with a smudger/pencil brush if you want to have a smokey eye makeup effect.
Apply perfect eyeliner to outline the eyes. Start from the outer corner and progressively pull it inwards by using small strokes. You can make it simple, or make it intense. And, when in doubt, just wing it out!
Here comes the Final Look:
Afraid That Your Eye Makeup Will Crease?
To prevent your eye makeup from smudging and creasing, follow these simple tips.
- Put on a good base or eye primer as it instantly lifts your eye makeup and will make eyeshadow to stay for a long time.
- Ensure to fix the eyeshadow with a powder base if you have used a cream base.
- Use a waterproof eyeliner or gel eyeliner to stop any transferring of the product.
Quick Tips to Apply Eyeshadow Perfectly
- It’s good to finish your eye makeup initially and then move to your base makeup. So, if there’s any eyeshadow fallout around the eyes, you can clean it up without spoiling the base makeup.
- To outline the crease area, make use of a pencil brush and then blend it out with a fluffy brush.
- Cream eyeshadows are good to use as a base for the powdered eyeshadows.
- If you have hooded or deep set eyes, try having the eye makeup with eyes open instead of closing so that the crease color is really visible.
- If you are not able to draw the ‘V’shape on the outer corner of your eyes, then draw ‘#’ with the eye pencil and blend it out smoothly to avoid blunt edges.
- To evade eyeshadow fall out, powder the area below your eyes with a translucent powder before starting the eye makeup. Once you are completed, just sweep out the powder.
- You can wait to conceal your under eyes till the eye makeup finishes.
- Use clean brushes to get the finest transition.
Applying eyeshadow flawlessly takes a certain amount of time and patience, but once you have got it well, it becomes so easy.