Pork Chops Italiano
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 can of diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
- 1/2 cup of water, if needed
- 1 big green bell pepper, sliced into 6 pieces
Steps To Do
- Take a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet and heat it. Cook the mushrooms and stir till the mushrooms get tender for about 5 to 7 minutes. Take out the mushrooms into a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the rest of 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the pork chops, frying on both sides about 7 to 10 minutes. Take out the pork chops on a plate. Now stir in the garlic and onion till the onion gets softened around 5 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes, and then season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Move the pork chops again to the skillet; simmer till the pork chops are tender by covering with a lid for around 45 minutes. Add some water if it becomes so dry. Add the bell peppers and reserved mushrooms. Continue to cook till the bell pepper is soft around 5 to 10 minutes.