Scoliosis exercises should be carefully picked on the basis of examination findings.
Living life with scoliosis can be usually tough and painful. This spinal deformity is triggered when the brain fails to answer correctly to gravity. As a consequence, the spinal cord gets oriented erroneously and the posture is badly impacted. But, the great news is, there are non-surgical cures accessible for scoliosis. According to several orthopedic surgeons, the finest way to treat scoliosis is to work out and stay active. Read on to know all about it.
Benefits of Scoliosis Exercises:
- Reduces spinal curvature
- Improves muscle and brain coordination
- Stops or slows scoliosis progression
- Stabilizes and lessens existing curvature
- Reduces the necessity for surgery or invasive bracing
Bird Dog Stretching
It is a type of scoliosis exercise that requires a gym ball for support. It is a very helpful exercise for learners as it doesn’t hurt much and aids you to attain the perfect posture.
- Just lift your left leg and right hand up. Now, hold for about 3 seconds.
- Then, place your left leg and right hand down.
- Now, kick your right leg and left hand up. Hold this position for 3 seconds.
- Then come to normal sleeping position.
- Repeat this 10 times.
Read More: Tai Chi Exercises for Beginners
It is the starting point of the Scoliosis exercise regime. This exercise can be done standing with the support of a wall or lying down. It aids in building both strength and posture. This enriches the resistance power of the patient.
- Take the support of a small gym ball and keep it amid your knees.
- Place your palms on the side.
- Now, slightly push your hips up to lift your middle body. Hold for around 3 seconds.
- Lower down and breathe out.
- Repeat this for 10 times.
Triceps Raise or Row
Best well-known as row raise, but in informal language triceps raise, it aids to work the strengths and delivers support for the chest. Free weights are most suited to do this exercise, but if required, you can use a machine also.
- Hold a weight in your right hand and kick it above your head.
- Now, bend your right elbow and then push your right forearm down.
- Now, pull up your right forearm and breathe out.
- Repeat this for 10 times.
- Do this exercise with your left hand also.
Hip Roll and Bridge
Hip Roll and Bridge as a workout inclines one’s pelvis region, raising your spines to form a complete circle, and let the hip move that is a must if you have scoliosis.
- Support your body by keeping your arms away and your palms facing down.
- Now, move your pelvis area from the left to the right region.
- Repeat this for about 20 times.
Read More: Top 20 Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
There are many ways of performing planks as it aids to strengthen core muscles.
- Squash your abs in and hold this spot for about 5 seconds.
- Rest for few seconds, and breathe in and out.
- Repeat these steps for about 10 times.